Tuesday 15 July 2014

My Skin Care Routine

If you're anything like me, you know how frustrating it is to have oily skin, and acne. people with acne have to frequently take care of their skin. We all want perfect skin, something about those red spots on our faces just bothers you right?...No matter how much makeup you put on, it still bothers you. I know it bothers me. 

For about three months now I have been using this skin care routine, and I can definitely say that I have seen a massive difference.


The Body Shop's Tea Tree products are perfect if you have oily skin like me.

Let me share my skin history:
When I was in grade 9 I started wearing makeup, but only lipstick and eyeliner. when i got to grade 10 I finally invested in foundation and started wearing it. My mistake was that I never used to wash my face at night and wipe my makeup off ( I used to just sleep on it thinking it'll just wipe off on its own). And in the morning, I would wash my face with a bar of soap... (Yikes! I know). A year and a half later I started to realize that I was getting acne pimples on my forehead, but I just ignored it. 

After 3 years it had started to get worse, and since I was not used to chemical products, I would break out even more whenever I used some sort of face wash or anything. I then learned it was because my skin wasn't used to chemical product it would have to get worse first for it to get better. so slowlyIi started using a face wash, and my skin was working its way to get better... it didn't stop there, then I used to get so annoyed at the little buggers, that I used to start popping them (Yea again... bad idea). Then i ignored it and stop trying.... 

So Three months ago i finally decided, i really need to do this properly, otherwise I'm going to be like 50 with acne everywhere.

I headed over to The Body Shop and the lady there helped me. she explained that since I have oily skin I should use the Tea Trea products. So I bought everything (mind they did have a sale Buy 3 get 3 free! so I was like!! OMG YES). So I ended up buying: 

1. Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash
2. Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner
3. Tea Tree Pore Minimiser
4. Tea Tree Oil
5. Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion
6. Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask

All of these products i got for a total of $70 CND. I also bought the Tea Tree bb Cream ( Check my review on it).

Skin Care Routine:
  • First I wash my face with the Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash ( put a little on my fingers and start lathering it up on my cheeks, then rinse.)
  • Next I pat my face dry with my face towel, and use Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner. ( put it on a cotton pad and wipe all over my face. Don't forget to shake the bottle to activate the sand at the bottom. I didn't know until the third time i used it.)
  • Next I apply the Tea Tree Oil on wherever my pimples are and on the little ones that are growing inside my skin (you know what i'm talking about).
  • After it let it dry, I put the Tea Tree Pore Minimiser (Most of my open pores are located on my nose, my chin and my forehead. So that's where I apply them.)
  • After that I use the Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion  to finish off.
Once or twice a week ( I usually do Sunday and Wednesday) I use:

1. St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub Exfoliator
2. Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask
3. NeoStrata Anti Dark Circle complex
4. Aloe Soothing Day Cream.
  • I start off with my St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub Exfoliator (This makes your skin so smooth I love it).
  • Then I use my face wash.
  • Then I apply my Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask ( This mask is good for oily skin, feels amazing, but it does sting at first. but not harshly.)
  • After I rinse it off, I pat my face dry and follow my usual skin care routine.
  • After I apply my Tea Tree Pore Minimiser, apply the NeoStrata Anti Dark Circle complex, and finish it off with the NeoStrata Anti Dark Circle complex. Not the Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion!! Just to change things up a bit.
And there you have it, that is how I take care of my oily, acne prone skin. What is your skin care routine? what skin type are you? Any product recommendation for oily skin? 
Let me know. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Theme images by merrymoonmary. Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 ~Berryhearts~, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena